- Net result up 12.9% to EUR 71 million in Q4, full year down 9.2% to EUR 424 million which includes impairments in Turkey and Germany
- Underlying net result up 6.4% to EUR 108 million in Q4, full year up 8.4% to EUR 576 million after strong underlying performance in “Car-as-a-Service” (CaaS) and CarNext.com
Serviced fleet up 4.4% to 1.82 million vehicles driven by demand for CaaS from corporate and SME segment
- Lease & Additional Services (CaaS) Q4 underlying Gross Profit up 3.5% to EUR 365 million, full year up 6.6% to EUR 1,489 million
- CarNext.com B2C volumes up 55% to 13,775 vehicles in Q4, full year up 65% to approximately 50,000 vehicles and a 21% run-rate for B2C sales penetration. Used Car-as-a-Service (UCaaS) contracts were up 60% in Q4 to approximately 1,900 and 150% for the full year to 8,000
- “The Power of One LeasePlan” operational excellence programme delivered approximately EUR 55 million of benefits over 2018 bringing the total to EUR 185 million, a portion of which were passed on to customers in the form of efficiencies
Tex Gunning CEO of LeasePlan :
I am delighted to announce another set of solid results for our Car-as-a Service and CarNext.com businesses in 2018 as well as a strong Q4. We now have over 1.8 million cars on the road in more than 30 countries, our Q4 underlying net result continued to increase and our underlying return on equity is now 17.3%. These results underscore the strength of our strategy to lead the megatrend from ownership to subscription models for both new and high-quality used cars.
Our core Car-as-a-Service business for new cars continued its strong performance in 2018, supported by the positive impact of our “Power of One LeasePlan” operational excellence program, which has now been fully embedded in the organization. In addition, we have continued to strengthen our offering of innovative, sustainable products and services. This includes our full package EV solution – which now has been rolled out in 10 countries.
Over the year, we also significantly grew our disruptive CarNext.com marketplace for high-quality used cars. Launched just over a year ago, CarNext.com sold close to 50,000 cars B2C and is now available for both B2B and B2C customers in 22 countries, supported by a network of 32 delivery stores. CarNext.com’s innovative Used Car-as-a-Service proposition also grew an impressive 150% to 8,000 cars, reflecting the growing demand for subscription services in the used car segment.
Looking ahead, our leadership position across both of our businesses will be enhanced by our commitment to offering what’s next in sustainable mobility services and our Digital LeasePlan program, which we began to implement across the company in 2018. Digital LeasePlan will enable us to provide a best-in-class digital service to our customers at lower cost levels, and ultimately enable us to deliver ‘any car, anytime, anywhere’.
For more information please download the full press release here