Now the end of year is approaching your attention might well be turned to planning your fleet budgets, targets and strategies for 2018 – and for that you’ll need to know the current costs relating running your organisation’s cars and vans.
The numbers you need to know
If you own your company vehicles, you’ll need to consider;
- What are your monthly payments and how much is your write-down (depreciation)?
- How much are you spending on servicing, fuel, tyres and general wear-and tear-items?
- What will your vehicles be worth at the end of their useful life?
- What are your interest costs?
If you lease your company vehicles you’ll know that it’s not just about your fixed monthly rental costs. You’ll need to look at the variable costs of running a fleet;
- Do you have vehicles de-fleeting in 2018? What are the expected end-of-term damage costs and excess mileage costs per vehicle?
- How much is accident damage costing you annually? Could measures such as driver training and telematics reduce those costs in 2018?
- Daily rentals provide much needed flexibility – but how much are they costing you each month?
Vehicles Off Road
Vehicle Off Road (VOR) can be a significant financial drain – however you fund your fleet – and most fleet managers would consider this one of their biggest headaches and with estimates of £743* per day for each vehicle off road. Now might be the time to consider the latest fleet planning techniques that can help to improve efficiency as well as deliver cost savings.
Benchmark against your industry peers
From end of contract damage to accident management you can now discover a new way to analyse key fleet costs and compare your fleet performance against other UK fleets.
Our quick and easy benchmarking tool can help to identify some of the key areas of cost savings to improve your fleet’s financial performance.
Take a look at our new benchmarking tool to discover how your fleet performance compares.
* Source: LeasePlan estimates £743 per day – Interview Mark Lovett Head of Commercial Vehicles https://insights.leaseplan.co.uk/fleet-issues/commercial-vehicles/interview-van-best-practice/