You can read the full guidance at gov.uk, but they have also highlighted five key points:
- Keep people working from home wherever possible, with a review of your workforce to understand what is required from a business perspective and helping those who stay at home to work comfortably.
- Encourage people who need to come into work to walk or cycle (or drive if this is not an option). This could include installing bike racks and highlighting safe cycling routes.
- Encourage people who need to come into work to travel outside peak hours, with staggered start and end times to reduce congestion and avoid queues at entrances and exits. Remember to talk with your employees to identify what times would work best for them.
- Make it easy for employees who need to come into work to plan their route, by giving them advance notice of any workplace changes and encouraging them to avoid busy areas.
- Consider offering safe alternative transport for those who need to come into work, such as socially distanced coaches carrying fixed groups of employees.
For more information, please visit the Government’s dedicated coronavirus site at www.gov.uk/coronavirus