Improvements to electric vehicle technology means it’s becoming easier and easier to transition away from fossil fuels. However, there are still some adjustments required. We’ve addressed some of the most common concerns below.
Is the grid ready for electric vehicles?
Decarbonising transport is an important step towards the UK Government’s target of a net zero carbon economy by 2050. As the country moves towards 100% electric car and van sales from 2035, is there really enough capacity to keep pace with demand? And how green will that energy be? Find out more here.
6 tips to make the EV driving and charging experience even better
Driving an electric vehicle (EV) is certainly a little different from driving a vehicle with an internal combustion engine (ICE). On the upside, an EV tends to be quieter, more powerful, easier to maintain and fitted with the latest technology. There are a few common early adopter annoyances, however, often related to charging. We’ve put together six simple tips to help EV drivers to connect with their EVs – and with fellow EV drivers – even more successfully.
Debunking charging myths
It seems as though the biggest roadblock for electric vehicle (EV) ownership is no longer range or cost. In part, this is because range is rising all the time and EVs are pretty much competitive with traditionally fuelled vehicles when you look at their overall cost. But it’s also because something else is an increasing concern – charging.
The strange thing is that many of these worries are based on myths that just aren’t true any more. With the UK now set for an electric future on the roads from 2030, we believe this is the time to address these myths and encourage more people to make the switch.
- Extension to Plug-in Grants applicationsThe semiconductor shortage is affecting Plug-in Grants – here’s what the Office of Zero Emission Vehicles is doing about it.
- Key dates for your calendarIf you’re interested in electric vehicles, there’s a lot coming up to look forward to. Here are the key events for the next few months.
- Developing a successful EV fleet transition planLooking at switching your fleet to electric? Take a look at our quick seven-step guide to help you on the road to zero emissions.
- Getting Started: Financial Support for Electric CarsThe UK Government provides a suite of incentives to encourage drivers to opt for an electric car, which means making the switch might not be…
- How to stay ahead of the semiconductor shortageA global shortage of the semiconductor chips used in new vehicles is causing widespread disruption to car and van deliveries. Here are some simple steps to keep your orders on track.
- How much does an electric car cost per mile?The ‘fuel’ costs for an electric vehicle are as variable as their petrol or diesel counterparts, and a long range doesn’t always tell the full story. Find out more here.