Improvements to electric vehicle technology means it’s becoming easier and easier to transition away from fossil fuels. However, there are still some adjustments required. We’ve addressed some of the most common concerns below.
Is the grid ready for electric vehicles?
Decarbonising transport is an important step towards the UK Government’s target of a net zero carbon economy by 2050. As the country moves towards 100% electric car and van sales from 2035, is there really enough capacity to keep pace with demand? And how green will that energy be? Find out more here.
6 tips to make the EV driving and charging experience even better
Driving an electric vehicle (EV) is certainly a little different from driving a vehicle with an internal combustion engine (ICE). On the upside, an EV tends to be quieter, more powerful, easier to maintain and fitted with the latest technology. There are a few common early adopter annoyances, however, often related to charging. We’ve put together six simple tips to help EV drivers to connect with their EVs – and with fellow EV drivers – even more successfully.
Debunking charging myths
It seems as though the biggest roadblock for electric vehicle (EV) ownership is no longer range or cost. In part, this is because range is rising all the time and EVs are pretty much competitive with traditionally fuelled vehicles when you look at their overall cost. But it’s also because something else is an increasing concern – charging.
The strange thing is that many of these worries are based on myths that just aren’t true any more. With the UK now set for an electric future on the roads from 2030, we believe this is the time to address these myths and encourage more people to make the switch.
- Electric Vehicles: Frequently Asked QuestionsChoosing an electric vehicle can seem like a step into the unknown, but it doesn’t have to be. Our FAQ explores the more common (and less common) EV concerns.
- Getting Started: Financial Support for Electric CarsThe UK Government provides a suite of incentives to encourage drivers to opt for an electric car, which means making the switch might not be…
- Getting Started: An Introduction to Home Electric Vehicle ChargingInstalling an electric car charger at home provides the ultimate convenience. Find everything you need about charging an electric car at home.
- Getting Started: An introduction to Workplace EV ChargingProviding workplace charging points for your employees and fleet is an important enabler of wider adoption of plug-in vehicles. Find out how.
- How much does an electric car cost per mile?The ‘fuel’ costs for an electric vehicle are as variable as their petrol or diesel counterparts, and a long range doesn’t always tell the full story. Find out more here.
- The UK’s best cities for electric vehiclesBest cities in the UK rated for electric vehicles on key factors – home and destination charging, cost and availability of rapid chargers.